Tuesday, August 16, 2011

JustRite Challenge # 056



The JustRite Challenge this time is to make a shaped holiday card or tag, no squares or rectangles. I think this is a fun challenge because I usually do make the same ordinary squares and rectangles, and its fun to go outside the box sometimes. For my project I chose to make a tag out of Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom ornament. I used the largest die on GinaK Fresh Asparagas cs, I added a piece of design paper from Basic Grey's Jovial paper pack.For my focal image I used Sparky the snowman, from the cling set of the same name from last christmas. I colored the image with Copic markers on Express it Blending Card paper, stamping the image with Memento tuxedo black ink. I used Spellbinders Large Ovals and scalloped large ovals to cut it out, and I backed it with a gold doily from Wilton, the sentiment is from the Christmas Postcard set from Flourishes, that I hand cut. I added a snowflake from Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder set to a poinsettia from Prima. Lastly I used some bakers twine in red and white from my stash. Making this tag was alot of fun for me.

2 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful!!! I love your coloring,,,,I'm jealous LOL! (I so am not good at coloring!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Great job.
    God bless,
    Peggy Allen

    ReplyDelete